I have a Master of Arts in translation from English to Swedish, and I would be happy to help you with different kinds of translation services, for example:
- Translation: Professional translations from English to Swedish. I translate fiction as well as non-fiction and specialized texts and I have experience in many different subject areas.
- Transcreation: Creative translations where the message is more important than to strictly follow the source text. For example, this type of translation is appropriate for marketing texts, positioning lines and slogans, as well as rhymes and jingles.
- Subtitling: Film subtitles from English to Swedish. Regardless of whether it is for movies, documentaries or information films, I will be able to help.
- Summary: Adaptation of longer texts into shorter summaries and new areas of use. The summaries originate from English texts where the summary is written in Swedish.
- Proofreading: Quality control of translations from English, in order to ensure that the Swedish text is grammatically correct and that it conforms to the English one.
I work with a variety of text types including:
- Annual reports, Quarterly reports
- Press releases
- Blogs and texts for homepages
- Periodicals and magazines
- Brochures and information texts
- Marketing texts
- Literature: fact books as well as novels and short stories for children as well as adults
Regarding specialized texts, I mainly work within the following subject areas:
- Civic information
- Food and drinks
Within fiction, I am particularly interested in:
- Books for children and adolescents
- Destinies of life and true stories
- Historical novels
- Literature from Australia
If you do not find what you are looking for in the above descriptions, please feel free to contact me and tell me what kind of text you have in mind for translation. I will then assess if I can be of help and get back to you.